UPDATE: The forums are now closed but current visitors may access all prior posts. A wide range of additional information on electromagnetic radiation and precautions may be accessed via the menu above.

Digital Hearing Aid...

Notifications
Clear all

Digital Hearing Aids

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sockeye)
Topic starter  

Recently my wife was fitted with her new free hearing aids supplied under her care plan.
The Audiologist said it will take at least a week for her brain to adjust to all the new background sounds that she hasn’t heard for many years. During the fitment of the hearing aids, the Audiologist appeared to be able to make adjustments wirelessly from his computer. During this time I observed my wife suffering from high Wifi exposure, which I assumed to be normal from being in a medical  clinic. Over the weekend my wife could not concentrate as she was wearing the hearing aids all the time for her brain to adjust, as the Audiologist instructed.

A few days later when my wife asked myself to install the hearing aids, she appeared to suffer a shock on installing the first hearing aid. At her request I did not install the hearing aids and decided to look up the technical data on the hearing aids.

These hearing aids may contain a radio transceiver operating in the 902-928 MHz (North America) or 863-865 MHz (EU) with transmission modulation type of 342KXFD. These hearing aids use modulated (pulsed) Rf to to communicate from one ear to the other, and communicate with your smart phone.

Yesterday I finally started my tests on the new hearing aids using the spectrum analyser in an old caravan that still lets in background RF (due to the unshielded windows, due to monitoring of my local recently upgraded Telstra tower).

The Starkey BTE pieces do emit 902-928 MHz pulsed Rf signals when turned on, and when the ear piece buttons are activated. Once the ear pieces had communicated with each other the 902-928 MHz pulsed Rf signals disappeared.

After 2 hours of testing, I found myself fatigued and called the testing off till tomorrow morning.
I was also testing my wife’s mother’s new digital hearing aids (Siemans Orion), about 4 years old, but could not get a definite frequency fix on this model. My wife’s mother, also did not last more than 4 day’s with the new digital hearing aids. After that, she put them back in the box, and still use her old ones.

In the 2 hours of testing the digital hearing aids, I now understand the trauma my wife, and her mum went through.
Yes, I too, would rather live in silence than wear these things.

My next aim is to proove the hearing aids blue tooth, wifi connectivity.

(@sockeye)
Topic starter  

Yesterday I conducted a second test of the  Starkey BTE pieces.

This time I narrowed spectrum analyser scan to 902 to 928 MHz as I found there was another nearby device using the 900-902 MHz spectrum. I picked up the ear pieces RF pulses at 914-918 MHz and 921-924 MHz. Using the time logger feature over the whole afternoon I found the ear pieces emitting regular RF pulses to each other while in normal use without touching the buttons or turning on and off with a FM radio in operation for varied background noise.

Now that I have confirmed that the digital hearing aids do use RF pulses in normal operation to communicate with each other, with your brain in the centre, I would not recommend them to anyone, let alone EHS sufferers.

I'm still yet to confirm the Bluetooth exposure, as this will take time to ensure I'm not measuring other nearby devices that use bluetooth.

Yesterday, through lots of research, I finally found the Siemans Orion hearing aids use the 3.28 MHz frequency which is why I couldn't get a fix on them (I didn't set up the spectrum analyser to look at that frequency range)

ReplyQuote
(@sockeye)
Topic starter  

My wife returned to the Audiologist today.

We stated the problems she has with the hearing aids with hard copy print outs of the spectrum analyser measurements of the pulsed RF spikes they emit and other evidence of the harm they could cause. Initially he was bit dumbfounded, however he turned off the feature that enabled the hearing aids to communicate to each other from his desktop computer. In regards to Bluetooth, he said these hearing aids aren't Bluetooth enabled. My wife is booked in to see him again in 3 weeks. In this time period I will be closely observing my wife's condition while wearing the hearing aids, and of course, I will be retesting the hearing aids for transmitting pulsed RF spikes.

ReplyQuote
(@sockeye)
Topic starter  

I finally retested the hearing aids again today.

The hearing aids still transmit a pulse when they are turned on.

So do not recommend fitting one hearing aid before the other hearing aid is turned on.

Turn both aids on before fitting them.

ReplyQuote
Share:

You are not alone. According to experts, over 35% of the world’s population feels some form of unwanted reaction to EMR exposure. Additionally, everyone is susceptible to induced biological abnormalities that may not manifest perceptibly for years or even decade.