UPDATE: The forums are now closed but current visitors may access all prior posts. A wide range of additional information on electromagnetic radiation and precautions may be accessed via the menu above.

Notifications
Clear all

Occupancy Sensors

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sockeye)
Topic starter  

While wondering how some new air conditioners sense occupants in the room, I found the following article.

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/6-types-of-occupancy-sensors-explained

I was surprised to learn of the Microwave Detector and Occupancy Sensor.

This could explain why my wife doesn't like going near the office window without the vertical blinds closed.

As there is a solar/battery powered LED sensor light mounted on the garage, pointing towards the office window.

(@emrtechie)

If there is an observed adverse response, the LED light may employ active, as opposed to passive, technology. This is most often implemented through sensed reflection of the infrared or ultrasonic energy they emit. However, radar-like RF motion detection is becoming more common.

To provide sufficient voltage to power the LED, solar fixtures also contain a high speed switching circuit and "step-up"transformer. As a byproduct, this causes an electromagnetic field within the KHz frequency band to be radiated into the surrounding air.

Additional to the above, LED's emit a very narrow spectrum of light known to be unhealthy under certain circumstances. Below is one example of the numerous articles available online.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/23/near-infrared-led-lighting.aspx

ReplyQuote
(@beagle)

Thanks to both of you - this is useful information. (I quail when I think about ioT...)

ReplyQuote
Share:

You are not alone. According to experts, over 35% of the world’s population feels some form of unwanted reaction to EMR exposure. Additionally, everyone is susceptible to induced biological abnormalities that may not manifest perceptibly for years or even decade.